Applecare Plus + ...are you getting it for the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Juicy D. Links, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

I had it for my Iphone 5 and i used it once when my phone was cracked and destoyed... cost was Zero so it payed off for me..

Any thoughts on Applecare Plus +

2. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Absolutely. I've used it twice on my iPhone 5. Plus once on my wife's iPhone 5.

3. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Yep. I think it's the cheapest in the Market. Everybody else charges 9.99 or 11.99 a month for 2 years and deductibles are outrageous. Apple customer service is pretty awesome, too. I hate having bulky cases on my phone! So I plan to buy my new iPhone with Applecare+ and no case :)

4. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you guys noticed that Apple now is trying all they can do to NOT repalce a phone but just a glass or button or whatever when in past it was a fast swap?

its 99 bucks still right for it?

5. IBJanky macrumors member

IBJanky

How was it zero cost when it says on the Apple website that there is a $79 service fee for accidental damage???

Let me get this straight, you pay $99 just to start AppleCare, and if you break your phone screen accidentally for example, you'd have to shell out an additional $79 to get it fixed?

That's $179 to fix a broken screen? That's kinda steep.

6. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you guys noticed that Apple now is trying all they can do to NOT repalce a phone but just a glass or button or whatever when in past it was a fast swap?

its 99 bucks still right for it?

----------

$49 deductible I am sorry my mistake , up to 2 instances

Nah more than screen the whole phone was crshed... so if i didnt have it it would have cost the 700 bucks for new phone.....

it was 79 bucks upon buying the phone and 49 bucks deductible....

----------

Also what i liked was the 2 year access to Applecare Techs.... not the usual 90 day

7. myforwik macrumors member

It is for a screen. However if you drop your phone in water and completely destroy it. Thats $179 for a complete replacement. That's very cheap.

8. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

yup that is what pretty much happened to me... my phone was BEYOND any repair..

9. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

That's actually not bad at all! the iPhone outright price is way over $600, and if you don't have an upgrade to replace your phone (if it died completely) then you screwed. Applecare+ is actually cheaper than most protection plans. with Best buy you pay $9.99 a month for two years plus $149.99 deductible, that's $389.75!!!! and At&t ($9.99), verizon ($9.99), and sprint ($11.99) have even higher deductibles ($200). Apple also has an amazing customer service and if you need a replacement and don't want to go to an apple store you can use their express replacement service and they will send you a replacement overnight! I've done it twice already with my iPhone 5s and it's like a brand new phone.

10. dewthedru macrumors regular

however, the out of warranty replacement cost is $269. i'm not sure they'll replace a smashed up phone for that but i think it applies to most damaged phones out of warranty.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

11. IBJanky macrumors member

IBJanky

What do you guys do that you completely destroy your phones?

Maybe a lifeproof case is a better and cheaper solution for you?

12. Cryates macrumors 65816

Not a doubt in mind. It is the best protection for any iDevice. Carrier insurance is such a waste of money and a hassle to get a replacement in my experience.

13. IBJanky macrumors member

IBJanky

I just read that AppleCare doesn't even cover theft or loss.

So basically it's just good for repairs.

14. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Absolutely. One thing I've noticed is everything changes at the Genius Bar when they figure out you have Applecare +. They seem much more interested in resolving my issue even if it involves a more costly solution (e.g., replacing the phone).

15. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

How long do you have to buy it by? I remember you used to have to get with phone but now a grace period, but I don't remember how long.

16. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Definitely! Never had to use it in the past, but it's nice to know I have it if and when I need to make use of the service.

17. Cryates macrumors 65816

30 days

18. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I think this has been compared ad nauseum. SquareTrade is also another option. I am curious to see if Apple changes the prices of AppleCare+ deductible given the higher price of the 6 Plus.

19. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Within 30 days of device purchase.