Applecare policy? ::Urgent::

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Osarkon, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

My macbook's warranty runs out this coming thursday, and I'm thinking I should probably get AppleCare for it.

I'm eligible for an Educational Discount due to being in University. My questions however are these.

1) Do I have enough time to get this sorted?
    2) Assuming it gets shipped to my door by thursday, what exactly do I do then? I remember reading somewhere something about the laptop having to be registered. When I first got the laptop I never did the registration thing because I was too impatient to get working with it. Is this going to cause a big problem?
    3) Is it possible to do all this over the phone possibly to save time?

Thanks in advance.

2. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

It says within 1 year so I guess you can blame them for not sorting i out in time. I mean tell them that I was at peace that I have plenty of time.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok that was the most confusing reply ever!
    I do not think you can do this over the phone. If you get it shipped to your door by Thursday then I believe it should be ok. They usually give you a day or so from what I understand. And next time do it at least 15 days in advance. :)

4. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That's somewhat good to know, thanks. :)

Any ideas on the whole registering process? What exactly do I need to do to activate this AppleCare and how long is it going to take?

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

when I bought mine, I called the apple store, made the purchase over the phone, and they enrolled my computer over the phone all during the same call. This was in the USA but I suggest you call the UK Apple store and ask if they can do it for you.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I believe you can call Apple, buy it and register over the phone. Call them now, they're open until 10pm. (I think it's not 10 where you are just yet)

7. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Thanks for the advice, phone call is going to have to wait until tomorrow though I think, I'm a bit short on time at the moment with things that need doing.

Thank you all for the advice (even the very strange answer), at least the situation doesn't seem as bad as I first thought. :)