Applecare problem/inquiry

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vega07, Sep 20, 2009.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

I just got back my white MacBook I sent in to get repaired. I had installed Snow Leopard before sending it in.

I got back my MacBook repaired but with Leopard version 10.5.7.

I expressed my frustration to the Genius Bar but they said it's their policy to install the OS that came with the computer at the time of purchase. I think it's a bunch of BS because the OS that came with my MacBook was Tiger.

Although I had to spend only a little over an hour to reinstall SL, the fact is I still had to spend that hour reinstalling SL. It's a waste of time and there is no reason why they cannot install SL for me, especially when my paper work said I was running SL before the repair.

SIDE REMARK: I had a screen issue but they ended up replacing my whole entire hard drive so I have to start fresh...WTH?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you give your machine to Apple for repair, you're basically stating that they can do whatever they have to in order to make your machine function again. While it's a little annoying that they put Leopard on your machine, if you weren't prepared for that you probably should have read the fine print.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Additionally, they should have asked what OS you were using, and put that on for you. That's what they always did for me.

P.S. They love to replace hard drives for now reason. I was told my hard drive was dead, and needed to be replaced. A year later, I'm still waiting for it to die.

4. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

They did ask me which operating system I was running and they also checked themselves. My paperwork says I was running SL.

5. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

I had the reverse happen to me, I brought my white macbook running tiger into apple after a dead hard drive and the replaced it and loaded leopard on it for me! I might have just gotten lucky though!

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I don't care what any policy says... common sense would dictate they restore the very same OS you had on that thing when you brought it in. (As long as it's still supported of course).