Applecare: "Product Return Pending"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chimi, Dec 6, 2007.

1. chimi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I sent my Macbook in for 3 repairs. This is my first experience using Applecare.

My MB arrived at the applecare center in the morning on 12/5. A few hours later the status page said "repair completed" and then before noon it said "product return pending" with a date of 12/5. I figured they would ship it out on 12/5 evening and I'd get it today. Today I checked the status page and it still says "product return pending" with a new date of 12/6 and there is no tracking number.

***How long does the "product return pending" status usually last? I am anxious to get my computer back, as I need it for school.

FYI, the repairs I needed were:
    -Orange discoloration of palmrest (that was there for a looong time)
    -Screen flickers and the backlight goes out when I wake it from sleep
    -Button for trackpad is touchy and doesn't work well

Also if any of you have experience with these particular repairs, I'd love to hear about how it worked out!

2. chimi thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW, literally as soon as I posed my thread, the doorbell rang and there was FedEx with my MB!!! I guess Apple doesn't send tracking numbers?

Now I just need to see if they fixed everything.

The packing slip says:

SVC TOP CASE
    ASSY, BEZEL
    ASSY, INVERTER
    A42 Battery Transfer Board Cli

Does anyone know what that last one means??

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Well, I hope I have the same experience. This is my second time to send my MacBook in. The first time I got a tracking number. This time I have also had the "Product Return Pending" for more than 24 hours now... I would have liked to have a tracking number. Since we've had all these ice storms out here, I want to make sure it isn't stuck somewhere..(BTW Sent mine in to fix the palmrest crack, like this one:[​IMG]

The last one must have something to do with the way power is transfered (or the way the computer reads the transfer?) between the computer and the battery.. otherwise, no idea.
    ----------
    Update:
    ----------

No luck, Not here. Not Happy :-(.

4. KiDFuZioN macrumors newbie

Goto DHL's website and goto track by reference, http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef. Use your repair ID for the Reference and if it actually shipped it will show up.

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Thanks! I didn't know you could do this... Unfortunately, it doesn't show up. What's strange about this now is that the 'Repair Status Detail' page has changed dates on everything. So yesterday it said 'Repair Completed 11 - Dec - 2007); then Product Return Pending 11 - Dec - 2007. Now it shows today's date for both fields. :confused: I may call apple about this...

---------
    UPDATE 2
    --------

Macbook showed up this AM, via FEDEX??, and not only did they replace the palmrest, they replaced a whole slew of other stuff - bluetooth, airport, heatsink (again!?), RAM, and so on. I'm curious about what they found.. What's also strange in my opinion is that under the 'recently used items' in the account profile I made for them, the only app that had been opened is dreamweaver... anyway, I'm glad they did something about the airport. I was having trouble with it, but I didn't suspect it was a hardware issue.

Well, I'm happy!