AppleCare Protection Plan registration problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Uk123, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Uk123 macrumors newbie

I purchased my AppleCare PP for my MBP from Currys, an Apple Authorised Reseller in the UK. I got round to registering it 5 weeks after purchase as I still have 5 months to run on my 1st year. It wouldn't register and asked for additional info. I emailed the order confirmation that clearly stated Currys. Apple won't accept it despite submitting it twice now claiming its from eBay or Craigslist and I need a receipt from an Apple reseller. It's the same copy and paste e-mail both times.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this resolved?

2. trikky macrumors regular

As someone else has already suggested, call Applecare directly, or call Curry's for a copy of the receipt and try submitting that one.

3. Uk123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have submitted copies of the receipt which is the order confirmation. I did call them and was told there was nothing they could do and that this was the process. I spent 45 minutes on the phone about it.

I am guessing next step is letter.

4. negativzero macrumors 6502

When buying AppleCare from a reseller, make sure you get a sealed box with a receipt to avoid all the trouble and drama you are going through. Loads of people get scammed by resellers and eBay merchants all because they want to get a cheaper deal on their AppleCare.

5. Uk123 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Well, it's certainly an issue between you and the reseller, you haven't been scammed until they don't make it good. Really none of us here can help you with this one. Apple has effectively told you it's not valid, if they're not going to honor it it's on the reseller.

It's a pretty prevalent eBay scam, that's not to say yours isn't just some kind of mixup.

7. negativzero macrumors 6502

There is no reason why a newly bought AppleCare should be flagged unusable by Apple unless it has been tempered with beforehand. If yours is a real genuine copy of AppleCare, show your receipt as a proof of purchase. When it comes to AppleCare, be very wary if it doesn't come from direct from Apple, even if its an authorised reseller.