Applecare Q

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pgseye, Feb 27, 2008.

1. pgseye macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I've placed an order for on of the new MBPs and would like to get Applecare as well. It's ridiculously overpriced here in Aus, so want to buy through ebay (probably US).

On the Apple website, the MBP Applecare product number comes as MA515FE/A, however an (old?) product number that readily available on ebay was MA515LL/A.

Will they both work??

Thanks

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

Can't answer your question, but I think you need to ask another one, namely is AppleCare country specific?

3. f1 macrumors 6502

An LL/A is a Canadian Part Number. Theoretically it will not work in Australia as Applecare is specifically divided by region and applecare for certain regions must be registered to that particular region (although you still get worldwide coverage). However, i've heard of people people buying North American Applecare and registering it successfully abroad.

4. pgseye thread starter macrumors member

Yes that one was Canadian i think (so those letters are country codes).

Anyway, we've discussed this in an Aus forum and apparently for laptops it isn't country specific:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=860944

It's about half price to buy from US. Anyway, I think you've answered my question, in that the 'FE' isn't a new product number, just our country code.