Applecare query

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dingo Dave 69, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors 6502

I have just noticed part of my macbook palm rest is coming off. I have Applecare and Apple have told me to take the macbook into the nearest Apple store for them to look at. Does anyone know if they will repair this and if so how? Here's a pic of what is happening. Cheers guy

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

We can't answer that. That's why Apple said to take it to the nearest Apple store, not the nearest MacRumors forum. The Apple store will tell you if they can repair it, and if so, how.

3. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Snarky answer to an easy question. OP, yes, Apple will repair that for free. It was a known issue on the white MacBooks, and Apple will cover the repair for free for up to three years from the purchase date regardless of AppleCare coverage.

jW

5. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thought the reply was a bit cheeky too :p anyhoo went into the store today and they replaced it no probs. Mac feels like new :D

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It wasn't "snarky" or "cheeky". It was factual. While people here can share their own experiences, none of us can guarantee what Apple will do. If the OP wants a definitive answer, the Apple Store is the place to go, as directed by Apple. How many times have there been conflicting experiences with repairs as described in this forum? Too many times to count.

Glad it worked out for the OP this time.