AppleCare question about loose ringer switch!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by venividivigor, Jan 5, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

I've been thinking about taking my phone in to the Apple Store to get a replacement because my ring switch keeps switching on its own or when movement is applied.

So my question is, do I have to show them the situation thats wrong with my phone? Because its an off and on problem...

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This happens because the switch sticks out more than on the previous iterations and is not indicative of a loose switch. However, it shouldn't be loose enough to flip just from the brush of a finger and if it is, you can demonstrate that easily.

3. venividivigor thread starter macrumors 6502

No, thats not the case. The switch stays in place but on the display it frantically switches from silent to ring.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's different then and they should replace it under warranty taking your word for it.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Something must be wrong in the internal circuitry, so they have to trust your words on that.
    I had a similar problem with an unresponsive home button on the iPhone 4. Not always showing the issue. They replaced it

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You should not have a problem if you can show this frantic behavior to the Geek.