Applecare Question for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok so I was thinking of getting the Applecare for my sons and wife's iPhone 4 but it only covers mfg defects only so is it really worth another $70?

My wife has a small scratch on her screen and Apple said they would cover a crack, but not a scratch, so I am thinking it is not worth it, and if something bad happens, just pay the $199 for a replacement from Apple?

Looking for POS and NEG about Applecare of if anyone has used it and found it to be totally worth the extra money?

2. 0wnage macrumors member

AppleCare is basically a 2 year extension of the 1 year hardware and 90 day telephone support warranty included with your phone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its just a manufacturers warranty extention. Not an insurance plan.

4. AoFFiE macrumors newbie

I believe it's a year extension for iphone.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

with Apple Care you can exchange an iPhone for almost any reason...I have done so with the 3GS, and 3G and will exchange my 4 when we get closer to the summer release

6. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

I would wait until the next iPhone is announced or right before your 12 month warranty is up before making this decision

if you plan to sell your iPhone and get the next iPhone then AppleCare is a waste of money

but if you're not upgrading then it's well worth the money