Applecare question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, May 9, 2011.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I typically buy an iPhone for 1 year and sell it, before buying the newest one (ie I bought the 3g, then sold it 1 year later and bought the 3gs, then sold it and bought the 4). I intend on doing the same thing this year with the iPhone 5 when it comes out. I have never had any problems with my phones, so I have never had to take them to the apple store to get serviced. I read about applecare today, and how you can purchase it separately. I also read that you receive a 1 year warranty from apple when you purchase an iPhone from them. Now, my question is, what exactly is the difference between the 1 year warranty that you get standard with every new iphone and the applecare service they provide? Do they not both cover the same things (hardware failure, battery losing it's juice, etc)?

Thanks

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Applecare is just a one year extension on the warranty. It covers the second year. I don't think you need it. :D

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you upgrade every year then dont buy it.
    It just extends the warranty for another 1 past the original year covered.

4. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I always buy it for a Mac, never for an iPhone.

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Agreed, I still got an advanced replacement through Apple without any Applecare. Didn't pay the 29$ fee either.

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Exactly what I do.