Applecare question.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by penduboy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. penduboy macrumors member

Hi,

I just ordered my first iMac a 27" refurbished i7, which I will be receiving tomorrow. I am in Canada and ordered my Applecare for iMac from US for $125 which will be arriving end of this month.

My question is do I need to wait for Applecare before I start using my new iMac or can I start using my iMac and then registered with Applecare later (towards the end of this month)

I am sure I will be asking lot of questions once I start using my new iMac

Thanks, Pendu

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Congratulations!
    You can buy AppleCare anytime within the first year you own your Mac, while it's still under warranty. You can use your Mac right away.
    Helpful Information for Any Mac User

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks GGJstudios....I was not sure how this AC works....I can't wait to get my hands on the new mac. I am also looking for a fancy little desk for this fancy machine....Any suggestions....I looked at the one in Costco for $99. I might buy that one otherwise.

5. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you Bdger...I will look at these links....I know this forum is full of helpful people. I have used iMacs when I was working in school distrcit....few years back, so i am not totally new...I know some basics......:)