Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ML321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Canada
I just received my new MBA and when I purchased it I also bought AppleCare and it said it would auto-enroll. In the box I didn't get any thing about Applecare or warranty info. Should I be worried that AppleCare was not enrolled or they just left it out?

Chandler583

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2005
No, AppleCare is tied to the serial number on your Mac.

This snippet is taken from another forum post in the apple forums.

Auto enroll on Apple care means you do not have an action to take on your part. You are automatically enrolled in Apple care if you purchase it at the same time as your computer. The box is just for info only. They track your warranty info by your computer's serial number so nothing to keep up with! If in doubt, you can check your product's warranty info here....

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Congrats on the new computer

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
You should receive AppleCare enrollment info (nothing required on your part, just the legal papers) in the mail within a few weeks. You could however call AppleCare's Canadian number ((800) 263-3394) and have them verify that AppleCare is attached to your Mac.

jtus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
Go to the Apple web site and check the warranty on your computer by the serial number and you will see if the apple care is on your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.