AppleCare+ Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamjackson, Sep 12, 2014.

1. adamjackson macrumors 65816

I ordered my phone from VZW since the Online Apple Store wasn't online early this morning.

My ship date is showing 10/09 from VZW. While ordering, I saw no way to add AppleCare+ so I went to the Apple online store and their site says I have to add AC+ w/ the purchase of a phone which the phone is through VZW so that's not possible.

T&Cs for AppleCare+ do state must be purchased with iPhone OR within 30 days of purchase. So I should be able to still get it.

Question: When my iPhone arrives, can I just go into an Apple store and add AppleCare+? or should I cancel my VZW order and and re-order from store.apple.com?

2. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

You can add AppleCare later on. I bought mine in an Apple store a couple of weeks after getting my iPhone 5s. No problem.

3. leesweet macrumors 65816

leesweet

You can get it at the store (physical) or online. They send you an email that runs a diagnostic on your phone to verify it's working, then you are set. Physical store or at time of order is simpler but I ordered from Apple online and didn't get a chance either.

4. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

It didn't work for me when I got my iPad mini retina. I had forgotten to get it while ordering...
    When I called later on all the emails they sent never worked with the iPad .
    This time I was very careful to order it at the same time as my iPhone !

5. drknowusa macrumors regular

Anyone know how to add AppleCare to an order placed through Apple?

I ordered this morning through Apple, after an hours struggle with the websites, but there was no option to add AppleCare. Anyone know if this can be done while the order is pending?

6. pmkoch macrumors regular

7. leesweet macrumors 65816

leesweet

Exactly. I expect in a couple of days it will be trivial to order it from the website or app and they will see you just ordered a new phone.

8. BSoares macrumors regular

Yeah, just go to a store. They'll inspect the phone for prior damage and enroll you right there. I did the same for iPhone 5 and now will do for 6 because I bought from AT&T. Wish Apple allowed us to order Applecare+ now for this week while we obviously don't have the phone yet w/i having to inspect it. Can't have damage to it yet.

9. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

1-800-275-2273
    That's AppleCare toll free number.

Once you get your phone call and tell them you want to add Applecare+ to your phone. If they say anything about an apple store near you just tell them you want to avoid the havoc at the local store. And they'll proceed to do it. I've done this with the i5 and i5s with no problems.

Also if you currently have an iPhone with an active AppleCare and you're not using the phone anymore, ask them to remove it and you'll get a credit.

10. M87 macrumors 65816

It's easiest to order it at the time you place the phone order. Which is what I did in the midst of last night's chaos like a boss.

11. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

+1 on this. Just call Apple and they will add AppleCare over the phone. Easy Peasy. I've done this a few times myself.