Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sevv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I've recently bought an iPhone 6 plus and whilst is great, I'm a bit concerned about, well dropping it :)

I bought the phone out right... could someone please answer a few questions about Apple care?

The phones one year garrantee that I've already got when you buy it, does it cover accidental damage like dropping the phone etc? Or is it just problems with the phone like the charging port stops working after x amount of time.

If I buy AppleCare... Yes that extends my insurance to 2 years but that will cover accidental damage like dropping, smashing etc? But only twice yes? How much do Apple try to fob you off... or are they quiet acustom to replacing the phone rather than lengthy repair times.

Sorry for asking but it's hard to find a clear cut 'yes it does this' article online.

Many thanks

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
I've recently bought an iPhone 6 plus and whilst is great, I'm a bit concerned about, well dropping it :)

I bought the phone out right... could someone please answer a few questions about Apple care?

The phones one year garrantee that I've already got when you buy it, does it cover accidental damage like dropping the phone etc? Or is it just problems with the phone like the charging port stops working after x amount of time.

If I buy AppleCare... Yes that extends my insurance to 2 years but that will cover accidental damage like dropping, smashing etc? But only twice yes? How much do Apple try to fob you off... or are they quiet acustom to replacing the phone rather than lengthy repair times.

Sorry for asking but it's hard to find a clear cut 'yes it does this' article online.

Many thanks

No the 1 year warranty doesn't cover accidental, you need applecare for that.

You can set up an advanced replacement where they send you a new phone and THEN you send old one back.

Sevv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Great thanks, yeah AC looks pretty appealing at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.