AppleCare question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sevv, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Sevv macrumors member

I've recently bought an iPhone 6 plus and whilst is great, I'm a bit concerned about, well dropping it :)

I bought the phone out right... could someone please answer a few questions about Apple care?

The phones one year garrantee that I've already got when you buy it, does it cover accidental damage like dropping the phone etc? Or is it just problems with the phone like the charging port stops working after x amount of time.

If I buy AppleCare... Yes that extends my insurance to 2 years but that will cover accidental damage like dropping, smashing etc? But only twice yes? How much do Apple try to fob you off... or are they quiet acustom to replacing the phone rather than lengthy repair times.

Sorry for asking but it's hard to find a clear cut 'yes it does this' article online.

Many thanks

2. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

No the 1 year warranty doesn't cover accidental, you need applecare for that.

You can set up an advanced replacement where they send you a new phone and THEN you send old one back.

3. Sevv thread starter macrumors member

Great thanks, yeah AC looks pretty appealing at this point.

4. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Yeah for sure, with my iPhone 4 I got 3 replacements in total so pretty worth the $79 I paid at the time.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

AppleCare is the basic warranty.

AppleCare+ is the paid for extended warranty that also covers accidental damage.

----------

This:
    Also, there are MANY forum threads concerning this. Try a search before starting new threads.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

to purchase applecare does that need to be done over the phone or in person?

I cant purhcase it online?

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

both and you can't buy it online

9. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Just bought ac+ in store. Took only couple minutes.
    You can buy over the phone also.