AppleCare Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacNewbie03, Mar 9, 2008.

1. MacNewbie03 macrumors regular

MacNewbie03

I have a client who is interested in getting a refurbished MacBook for his in-laws. He lives here in the US and the in-laws live in Moldova. So can we order a unfurnished MacBook and get the Applecare?

2. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

You mean refurbished? Yeah you can get apple care on the refurbished ones. They are also perfectly fine. Feel confident with your purchase. I 150% RECOMMEND you put APPLE CARE on anything you buy from Apple. Has saved me thousands of dollars MANY TIMES.

3. MacNewbie03 thread starter macrumors regular

MacNewbie03

If we purchase it here in the United States, will it still apply in Moldova?

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Yes it will work

5. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

I have a question about that. Buying apple care for a MBP is CRAZY expensive here in Belgium. Can I just buy that from the USA? Will it be the same thing?

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I've replied to this question a LOT in these forums. I bought AppleCare for my Japan-Apple Online Store purchased iMac from L.A. Computer in the United States and it worked fine. Your mileage may vary but I see no reason why it would not work.

7. nmamur macrumors member

if you buy it america, you have to use an american address...use any address you want. It doesnt really matter.

8. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

You have to use an American address for what exactly?? You may need to have a US address to SHIP the AppleCare to if you buy it from L.A. Computer (I had it shipped to my parents in New Jersey then they sent it on to me) since they might not offer international shipping but Apple doesn't make any such requirements. I'm sure you can find a seller on eBay willing to ship internationally.

There was no address involved for me with AppleCare period. All I did was enter the serial number from the USA-purchased AppleCare into the appropriate page on Apple's website for my Japan-purchased iMac (the iMac is registered to my Japanese home address) and it worked just fine.