applecare question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alansaysstop, Jun 18, 2009.

1. alansaysstop macrumors regular

I have a 3G iPhone right now with two years of applecare left on it. I plan on getting a 3GS tomorrow, but I want to keep my 3G around for back up in case something tragic happens to my phone. BUT here in lies my question... I went to switch my phone out today at the apple store because my silent switch fell off :rollseyes: but the genius bar was packed for the day already. NOW, when I buy my new phone tomorrow, will I still be able to go switch this one out??

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Applecare covers the product (iphone) even if its not in use. So you should be able to go tomorrow and get a new one, and the old one will still be covered by applecare so they should fix it then and there. But it will be a crazy day tomorrow at most stores so it might take longer than usual...

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unless you recently purchased the 3G along with Applecare, you have less than two years of Applecare left on it now, as Applecare adds only 1 year to the standard warranty (unlike 2 years with Macs for a total of 3 years of coverage).

But to answer your question, as long as you are with at&t you should have no trouble switching it out. If they ever give you trouble, just re-activate the 3G and take it in.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not according to this. However, since the OP will have at&t service they shouldn't give him any trouble.

5. alansaysstop thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys. yeah, the guy at the apple store told me the genius bar wouldnt even be open today. i have an appointment sunday with them so hopefully they switch it out no problem.