AppleCare Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Syndacate, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Syndacate macrumors regular

Hey,

I purchased my mac about a year and a half ago and I purchased it with applecare. I once needed to get something looked at, but haven't had any problems that needed them to work on it.

In any event, I'm selling this mac with its year and a half of apple care remaining on it (bought a new unibody macbook pro).

My question is:
    Am "I" - binded to this applecare in any way? Or is it binded to the serial number of the mac and whoever I sell it to can enjoy one and a half more years of full applecare protection as well? Do I have to "transfer" anything - or any weird stuff like that?

Thank you guys for your time.

- Greg

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Nope. When the new owner takes the computer in for repair, they'll run the serial number and see that it's under warranty. That's all there is to it. The coverage goes with the product and has nothing to do with you.

3. devburke Guest

I'm pretty sure the AppleCare goes with the computer. I hold onto my AppleCare paperwork, but I've never actually needed it.

4. Syndacate thread starter macrumors regular

Hey,

Yeah, I didn't need my paperwork for my one trip to the apple store, either, but I wasn't sure if I had to verify anything (about me) when I made the appointment or anything.

So binded to the computer, not the computer/user.

Thanks, guys.

- Greg