Applecare question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AngelaUK, Apr 21, 2010.

1. AngelaUK macrumors newbie

I ordered a new macbook pro 15 i7 on the 13th which is currently making it's way to me (slowly). In the meantime am looking into Applecare as was hoping to get it a bit cheaper than direct from Apple, but from reading on here am wary to buy it from eBay. I have found this from Argos but seems cheap...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...111/c_3/4|cat_14419111|Apple+Mac|16164809.htm

Does this look like it is the correct cover? They also do a separate Macbook/Macbook Air cover for £156.

2. stjohnswell macrumors newbie

Looks good. Pick it up from your local Argos if you'd like a no-hassle return option. Don't discount eBay though, for only £90.54 you could buy from a reputable seller who sells applecare all day long.

3. Gazmac2010 macrumors newbie

Hi OP.

Can you tell me if the Argos Applecare was OK for your Macbook Pro as I'm thinking about getting it?

Argos are not being very helpful at the moment and won't give me the product code so I can check with Apple. :confused:

Thanks

GazMac

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

It is pretty safe buying from eBay if you find the right seller and pay via Paypal so you are protected.

I picked Apple Care for the iPhone up off eBay for £25.

5. MikeinJapan macrumors regular

I got my AppleCare from the UK eBay and used it was a Japanese MacBook pro and have had 3 replacements logic boards and screens and now they are replacing the machine now. Where I got the mbp has never came up.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I bought my AppleCare protection plan from eBay and it registered no problem. Just make sure the seller is reputable (i.e. top-rated seller, large number of transactions, gold seller, etc.) and you're fine. When I bought mine, I checked the option to have Apple mail me a proof of purchase thing and it arrived in my mail a few days later. That was my way of making sure I didn't get scammed or tricked.