Applecare questionn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alittleloving, Aug 3, 2009.

1. alittleloving macrumors newbie

So i ordered my macbook pro the other day and applecare too. i recieved my macbook but never got anything for the apple care? i was wondering if it automatically is set up to my computer or if they are suppose to send me something so i can register it? thank ypu

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You should have gotten a box that says Apple Care, it should have been primarily white with a little red, I'd call Apple.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Put your serial number in here and paste the results (minus the serial number).

4. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

I think sometimes you are automatically enrolled in Applecare and so you don't get a disk or even a form online. Someone had a good suggestion: just search for your serial number online and see if you have coverage. Good luck!

5. alittleloving thread starter macrumors newbie

Our records indicate that your product is covered for service and telephone support under the AppleCare Protection Plan which is estimated to expire on July 28, 2012.

So I guess I am covered

THANK YOU

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Even if you are covered, Apple still should have sent you an AppleCare box of some sort.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Not necessarily. If the customer purchased online, it's auto-enrolled. If you want proof of coverage, call up AppleCare, get transferred to Agreement Admin and ask to be sent through e-mail, letter mail or even both.

8. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Ah, okay. I guess Apple has proof of your purchase so you won't need a box.
    I've just heard that if you buy elsewhere that you need a box as proof of purchase if a problem arises later.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Would be better if you had one if purchased from 3rd Party. Again it's already in the computer so Apple knows you have AppleCare but if something does go wrong, you still have the invoice when purchasing online so you still have proof of some sort. A lot of people call in and get paranoid that they don't have proof of AppleCare.

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

just make sure you keep your receipt from apple. That way you can prove you purchased it.

11. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Aren't you supposed to get a diagnostics disc or something?

12. AngryApple macrumors 6502

AppleCare comes with a diagnostic utility (TechTool Deluxe).
    OP: ring up Apple.

13. Shawn F. macrumors newbie

Not to hi-jack the thread but what if I buy a used Macbook Pro and the Apple Care ran out? Can you pay to update it or is it gone?
    Thanks.

14. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If AppleCare isn't added within the first year, it is too late.