applecare questions help/advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marshallbedsaul, Jan 24, 2011.

1. marshallbedsaul, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Hello,
    Did I make a good choice with the following trade
    late 08
    15' Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
    dual video card.apple are til nov.2011
    had ms office 2011,ilife11,aperture 3.

Traded for 13' mid 2010 macbook pro 2.4 4gb 250 gb HD under 1 year applecare til oct photoshop adobe full lics.
    what are these programs never heard of them
    appleq master
    Adiumcinema tools
    cyber duck
    final cuts pro
    mactube,
    quicksilver
    modul 8
    only X
    steam
    sound cloud
    with incase hard case, and og box and install disc Plus 200 dollars.
    So did I make a good choice here to trade?

so the apple 1 year warranty expires in oct 2011, so is there anywhere besides apple to buy applecare for this macbook pro?
    if so where?
    Thanks for your help as always guys :apple:

2. simsaladimbamba

Wow. I mean the formatting and spelling, which makes reading your post kind of hard.

If one considers only the hardware > no, as the 15" screen offers more resolution, especially with the software you may have acquired the licenses of.

As I can't decipher all the application names, I leave it to using a search engine to find out what most of these applications are for.
    Final Cut Pro for example is a video editing software made by Apple and part of Final Cut Studio. Adobe Photoshop is a photo editing and manipulation application.
    The rest can be found quite easy via Bing or a similar unused search engine.
    Btw, Quicksilver is free. For everyone.

And did you really purchase all the licenses for the applications you mentioned? Do they all come on original CDs and DV, or were the just already installed?

Amazon and eBay, some have had bad luck with eBay though.

PS: Why did you made the trade to a lesser model when you don't know what the software is for, which most likely is pirated anyway (which in all seriousness you could have done yourself)?

3. marshallbedsaul thread starter macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

hello,
    Sorry about the format and the spelling in my first reply I typed it rather fast. I will fix the issue with that very soon I just posted in a hurry. The person I trade with had all of the install disc for the programs, but they didnt come with the sale. I just wanted to see them to make sure they were not torrent files.
    How would I know what who is a good seller on ebay for applecare.

4. simsaladimbamba

The installation discs don't come with the trade/sale? If that is the case, it would be the same as just obtaining the software illegally, torrents for example. If the discs don't come with the trade, I would not trade, as you will not have the licenses for these applications and do not have the right to use them, except QuickSilver, as it is free for everyone.

But if you like the smaller size of the 13" and also the longer battery life, the decision is up to you.

As for eBay, I don't know, maybe you can find a thread about reputable sellers, but beware: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=690859

5. Remmnever macrumors member

Apple has a new policy regarding Applecare. You need to have the box and proof of purchase from authorized applecare reseller. You will probably not find this one ebay.

Check out http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...rch&SID=gd3b90nxmleh&N=0&Q=&InitialSearch=yes

The people in this thread said it was a legitimate reseller.