AppleCare, Questions, Yes or no

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rangerdanger, Jun 11, 2008.

1. rangerdanger macrumors member

This is something I still don't know if I want or not. I have a few questions regarding this also, so here it goes.

1. If I choose not to purchase AppleCare that same day, can I purchase it anytime before the 90 day or 1 year (can't remember which) expires. As it is, I'm going to be short on cash after I purchase the MB, plus a bag and the iwork for school. Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You need to register AppleCare within the first year. You can buy it anytime as long as you register it in time (so buying online with 1 day left is not a great idea as you may fail to register in time)

3. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

^ Exactly. I still have to buy mine as well, I have till March of next year though and will probably be buying mine in the summer.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

90 days is for free phone support. If you buy Applecare it covers phone support from day 91- 3 years.

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

btw i have a question bout apple care. when i got it with my macbook, they said im already enrolled wen i bought it and it says auto enrolled at the bottom of the box...so do i need to do anything now or am i good to go?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm going to assume you order your machine online? Then yes it means it was already applied to your name at time of shipping.