AppleCare questions

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I got my jet black black plus at Best Buy can I add apple care? -"and if so how long do I have to add it, - and thirdly is it worth it????? I'm going naked no case

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Yes
Yes- call or go to an Apple Store and have your receipt just in case
Depends- I say yes, 129 gives you a peice of mind and cheaper repair costs. It also kicks in after the 1yr warranty
No if you are careful.

Reactions: Applejuiced

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yes, you have up to 60 days to add AC+.

I personally don't think it's worth it because I've never shattered any of my iPhones since 2007 and I've relied on Amex's Extended Warranty protection for manufacturing defects in the 2nd year (I've filed two claims so far and they've made me whole plus some).

Fthree

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
had to have the screen replaced on mine 2 times is two days paid $29 each time. Id say its worth it

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
had to have the screen replaced on mine 2 times is two days paid $29 each time. Id say its worth it
So that's 159$ for one screen replacement how much is a screen replace if you don't have apple care ?

bgib2610

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
SoCal
AC+ covers the accessories too. I've had a lighting cable fray and it was swapped out no cost to me under AC+.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I haven't found that.
I've gone in with bad cables and their first question was whether I had AC+.
Even on a cable I'd bought separately that was less than 30-days old.
They'll replace any cables you have as long as your iPhone is under warranty, whether AC+ or the standard warranty. I've replaced separately purchased cables under my iPhone's standard warranty.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I haven't found that.
I've gone in with bad cables and their first question was whether I had AC+.
Even on a cable I'd bought separately that was less than 30-days old.
I used to replace cables because I find Apple cables fray in me. They always did it under the standard one year. I've only ever purchased Apple care once and ultimately was a waste of money.

I don't bother anymore though. I bought some third party cables. Ultimately the $30 in cables that are going in 3 years old was worth not having to take a trip to Apple to replace.

But yeah. If you go through cables you get an extra year on those too. So that's nice.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I got my jet black black plus at Best Buy can I add apple care? -"and if so how long do I have to add it, - and thirdly is it worth it????? I'm going naked no case
If you play a lot of games, or tend to kill your battery within two years, you might think about getting it. My battery health was down to 79% after two years of gaming. Just got it replaced for free a couple of weeks ago. The cost would've been $79. But, that's only if you keep your phone longer than two years. The free battery plus 2 years of insurance was worth it for me.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2014
It's $99 if you want a replacement device because your phone has been shattered, water damaged, etc. If you want just a screen repair ONLY it's $29.

Honestly that's the best deal anyone's offering. I'd rather pay $99 for a replacement than $199 or whatever the deductible is with carrier insurance or any other 3rd party and get a crappy refurbished phone.