AppleCare questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gooberton, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I got my jet black black plus at Best Buy can I add apple care? -"and if so how long do I have to add it, - and thirdly is it worth it????? I'm going naked no case

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Yes
    Yes- call or go to an Apple Store and have your receipt just in case
    Depends- I say yes, 129 gives you a peice of mind and cheaper repair costs. It also kicks in after the 1yr warranty
    No if you are careful.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, you have up to 60 days to add AC+.

I personally don't think it's worth it because I've never shattered any of my iPhones since 2007 and I've relied on Amex's Extended Warranty protection for manufacturing defects in the 2nd year (I've filed two claims so far and they've made me whole plus some).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To me it's not worth it. They raised its price and deductible amount.
    If you're not accident prone and have a good case and you take care of your items you'd be fine without it.

5. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't use a case at all

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Neither do I and I've never shattered any of my iPhones since 2007.

7. Fthree macrumors 6502a

had to have the screen replaced on mine 2 times is two days paid $29 each time. Id say its worth it

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I do.
    A $7-10 case is better than $130 fee to purchase protection plus a $99 replacement fee.
    Up to you though.

9. Gualwer macrumors regular

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You ran out of replacements.
    Not everyone goes through 2 broken screens though but if you're accident prone you should go for it.

11. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

So that's 159$ for one screen replacement how much is a screen replace if you don't have apple care ?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

$129.

13. bgib2610 macrumors newbie

AC+ covers the accessories too. I've had a lighting cable fray and it was swapped out no cost to me under AC+.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That'd also be true under the standard warranty.

15. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I haven't found that.
    I've gone in with bad cables and their first question was whether I had AC+.
    Even on a cable I'd bought separately that was less than 30-days old.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They'll replace any cables you have as long as your iPhone is under warranty, whether AC+ or the standard warranty. I've replaced separately purchased cables under my iPhone's standard warranty.

17. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I used to replace cables because I find Apple cables fray in me. They always did it under the standard one year. I've only ever purchased Apple care once and ultimately was a waste of money.

I don't bother anymore though. I bought some third party cables. Ultimately the $30 in cables that are going in 3 years old was worth not having to take a trip to Apple to replace.

But yeah. If you go through cables you get an extra year on those too. So that's nice.

18. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

If you play a lot of games, or tend to kill your battery within two years, you might think about getting it. My battery health was down to 79% after two years of gaming. Just got it replaced for free a couple of weeks ago. The cost would've been $79. But, that's only if you keep your phone longer than two years. The free battery plus 2 years of insurance was worth it for me.

19. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I get AppleCare+ on All my Apple Kit. To me it is well worth it. I also like the excellent tech support that comes with it and extends beyond the 1 year warranty period.

20. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

It's $99 if you want a replacement device because your phone has been shattered, water damaged, etc. If you want just a screen repair ONLY it's $29.

Honestly that's the best deal anyone's offering. I'd rather pay $99 for a replacement than $199 or whatever the deductible is with carrier insurance or any other 3rd party and get a crappy refurbished phone.