Applecare questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fayler, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Fayler macrumors regular

Fayler

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but here I go.

I purchased my new MBP from apple via their online store and, of course, I got their AppleCare package. When I bought it, I was under the assumption that (and this is from my friends input and other people who have had AppleCare before me) that it covered accidental damage. Now, after short stint on google, It seems that isn't the case. Is this the truth or does it cover accidental damage? If not, is there anyway I can get it?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

No, accidental coverage is not covered (and why others would give you that impression, I know not). APP is a extended warranty for the computer, not an insurance policy.

Depending on the CC you used to purchase, or your homeowner's/renter's policy, you should have some type of coverage available there. You can also get stand-alone coverage from various outfits.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Sorry but is does not cover accidental damage. Unless you bought it from Circuit city or best buy and bought their warrantee

4. Fayler thread starter macrumors regular

Fayler

Thanks guys. I just did some research and it looks like I can get a policy to cover it through my insurance company (Yay USAA).