Applecare Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ghall, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

The warranty on my MacBook Pro expires in about a week, so I'm getting the Applecare package. I only have two questions. 1. How do I activate it? 2. I know that part of the Applecare package includes some CDs and such. Will I be able to activate Applecare before receiving the CDs?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

1. Online/Phone
    2. I think it comes with Techtool cd or something like that

3. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

It's really easy to active it online. It takes about 3 minutes if you type slow. You simply go to the Support tab on Apple's website and you'll see register Apple Care or something along those lines on the bottom right corner. The CD that comes with Apple Care is some Tech Tool program.

No, you cannot active it without having the CD's because your activation key is in the same package.

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks for the help. I definitely do not want to be caught without Applecare, and your advice has helped my planning to make sure I get everything sorted out. Thanks.

5. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Just make sure you submit it before your year is up!!!

allison.

6. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

Im going to call apple care tomorrow because i got my first " kernal Panic " today while downloading some new updates through software updates. I will post my service experience tomorow. I tried to call today but they had closed already. I dont know about that, is 24 hour customer service too much to ask for? I did pay about $250 ( i think ) for this service. Im pretty sure dell's customer service is 24 hours... why not apples?

7. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Not sure why they don't do 24 hour service BUT it's infinitely better than Dells. I've owned a Dell before and most of the time I called about a problem, I fixed it on my side while the tech guy was still trying to figure out what to do.

8. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Plus you actually speak to someone that speaks English. Last time I called Dell I couldn’t understand the person

9. Djmx macrumors 6502

LOL! DELL HAS THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE! it transfers to india or somewhere or pakistan where no one speaks english! Once it use to be really good but now it's just Terrible THEM and there crappy COMPUTERS.

Apple should make it 24/7 That would be the BEST!!!

10. cancerian73 macrumors newbie

Fyi

well indians speaks much better english and are more educated that the americans. An average american doesnt know anything thats happening outside the US of A. They r so dumb that they have to take the services of ppl fropm outside and not to forget america is nothing much bunch of ppl coming together and forming a country as they have no history