Applecare Registration Date

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by i4k20c, Oct 31, 2015.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Hello,

I am considering buying applecare before my computer 1 year warranty expires as of Nov 16th from LA computer since it is cheaper than apple.com or elsewhere.

However i'm worried that with shipping, when the product comes i will be away from home and will not be able to register in time before my one year is up.

What i'm asking is if it matters when i purchase applecare or when i register it?

Thank you

2. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

According to the AppleCare Legal Document for the MAC, Paragraph 11(x); You must purchase and register the AppleCare Plan within the one(1) year warranty period. You can read this document on the Apple.com website.

3. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Woah, thanks for the heads up. I would have been screwed if I purchased it from LA computer to save the few bucks and couldn't register it.

Now my only issue is. I purchased this computer second hand from a MR members and never got a receipt, so I hope they wouldn't give me any issues. Obviously I'm sure technically you need a receipt, but hopefully they can see that it was purchased.

4. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

5. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Question, I know a AppleCare Policy can be transferred, however, can the 1st year warranty period be transferred??