AppleCare registration period?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Burning Radio, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Burning Radio macrumors regular

I just got off the phone with the very helpful AppleCare support to register my AppleCare and a thought crossed my mind that I wanted to ask.

I purchased my AppleCare at the Retail Store on May 31 (yesterday) and experienced trouble registering it online. I called AppleCare and they were very helpful, but the system wouldn't accept my applecare code and S/N. I ended up giving them the receipt number and then I was put on hold and got disconnected. Called back and the woman said that it looks as though they were registering it for me.

My Question is.... If my limited year warranty lapses while I'm waiting for the registration of my AppleCare to complete, will I still be eligible for the AppleCare?
    I have the receipt with the purchase date 5 days before the coverage ends and I called to register today. I'll still be granted the coverage, right?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You've made it much more difficult by waiting, but yes... if you're persistent enough you'll be able to get it registered.

3. Burning Radio thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I debated and debated. Finally I realized that I NEEDED to do decide something and that I would NEVER wanna pay 800 bucks to fix something. 200 dollars now is much better than 800 later.