Applecare registration problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jon08, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Hi everyone! This was my first time ever purchasing an Apple product and Im really excited about it.

I have just received a previous generation MBP 2.5 Ghz and am ready to register my applecare.

However, I have encountered a problem.

When I have already logged in and selected my country it then asks me to select my agreement, but there is nothing to choose from! It only shows a tick and -- next to it.

Has anyone else encountered this?? Is it perhaps a temporary error or something??

Please help!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. nigameash macrumors 6502

it doesnt matter. maybe the website is a little messed up for your country ATM, try selecting another country and registering, it doesnt matter which country the applecare is registered in, worldwide service :)

4. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

At that moment, any country I selected, it still wouldn't work. Apparently it was a temporary problem. It worked later on, however, I still had to register it under US and not my own country. Hopefully they won't be complicating about this if I ever get to use Applecare in the future...

5. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I did buy mine with my computer at the Apple Store. Do I need to register my AppleCare?

6. johan.k macrumors regular

Go to http://www.apple.com/support/ and key-in your mac serial no to ensure your mac enrolled with AppleCare benefits.

7. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Hmm.. thank you very much. I'll need to check this out when I get home -- it is NOT registered.

8. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Well, this is curious. I scrambled last night to find the AppleCare box (which, of course, I couldn't) and I'm not even sure that I got one. Also, the AppleCare didn't show up in my online Apple account at the address above.

Fortunately, the receipt for the product has the AppleCare agreement number on it -- so I tried to register that online. Of course it says "this # is already registered" (UH OH!)

I called Apple support today, gave them my serial number, and they confirmed that this was all taken care of at the time of purchase (whew). Actually, reading the receipt further it does say that "Plan End Date: Oct 17, 2011" though I didn't know if that meant it was actually registered.

So, in summary, my new MB was registered with the AppleCare support at the time of purchase without me (knowingly) having to do anything -- which is exactly what I would want I guess.