AppleCare Registration Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nealman, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Nealman macrumors newbie

I have a question for anyone who has purchased AppleCare from the online apple store. Do you receive the registration number when you buy it online or do you have to wait until you physically receive the box in the mail. The reason I am asking is because my support ends on July 3rd and obviously the actual box would not arrive until the 4th by the earliest. I would rather not drop $183 if I am going to miss the deadline.
    Thanks.

2. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Hm.
    i'm sure you could call Apple, and they would extend it a couple more days.

It's worth the try if you are going to miss the dead line. :confused:

Good luck.

3. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Apple has NO grace period, period.

If you have an online receipt showing the date of purchase well before the expiration, however, you should be fine. Remember though that the stated policy is purchased and activated prior to the end of the first year.

5. Nealman thread starter macrumors newbie

All I need to know is if they give you the registration number when you buy it online. Kind of like when they give you the serial number of your laptop before it arrives to your door. If anyone has bought applecare from the online store after purchase of their computer, they should be able to answer this question for me and it would really help me out.
    I can just hear this imaginary clock ticking in my head.

6. weatherman316 macrumors member

If that's the case, why not just call them and order it that way? I'm assuming they can probably do more for you if you're on the phone with them at the time of purchase.

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

What about buying AppleCare from eBay and the seller can just e-mail you the code.

Lots of sellers selling AppleCare and much cheaper than Apple.

8. Nealman thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the replies. I called Apple this morning and I was able to purchase Applecare for the education discount price. I was very pleased with the help that I received. I was auto-enrolled, so I did not have to do anything. For anyone who was wondering, the applecare service guy said that he believed you do not get the registration number when you buy online and would have to wait until the applecare box physically arrived at your door.

thanks.