AppleCare Registration Questions and Possible Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by d0tMAC, Aug 27, 2008.

1. d0tMAC macrumors newbie

My one year standard warranty expires on August 28, 2008 - meaning that I bought my Macbook Pro on August 28, 2007. On August 27, 2008, I purchased AppleCare and did the online registration thing. However, online it still says the registration is in progress and it is now 1:03 AM August 28,2008. Does this mean I'm screwed because my registration is not done by the 365th day after purchasing my Macbook Pro? I bought the AppleCare before my one year warranty expired and even filled out the online stuff asking for the serial number and all that. So its not really my fault that it takes Apple a couple days to complete to registration because I bought the AppleCare before my one year warranty expired. So will I be okay or will my registration not go through because the system will think I'm trying to register it after the one year warranty period. I hope you guys understand what I'm asking. Please help me. I hope I didn't waste $350. Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You should be fine, but the only way to tell is wait and see. Tomorrow or the next day, login and check your warranty status.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Don't worry about it. As long as you submitted the registration before the due date, you're fine.

4. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

It it doesn't show up online, give them a call. But seriously, why wait for the last day of the warranty?

5. d0tMAC thread starter macrumors newbie

yah it pretty stupid of me to wait till the last day. it was actually a very very last minute decision.

6. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

even if it doesnt go through, you can call up apple and do something like fax your computer proof of purchase along with apple care and its proof of purchase and you should be fine.

had a few customers who didnt even know they had to get it registered.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

My question is why did you pay $350? You can get them on eBay for $199.