Applecare rep hasn't called back yet.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by asme, May 2, 2008.

1. asme macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could offer me advice.

I had a problem with my Macbook for a while, and decided to call in on a Monday. They diagnosed the problem as a backlight issue, and set me up for a mail-in repair. Seeing as I had had four repairs in the past year, I politely asked for a replacement unit. Hence I was transferred to tier 2 to set up a replacement.

The tier 2 rep was very nice, and after a few questions he said he'd set me up for a replacement unit and pass it by the appropriate department the next morning and call me later that afternoon around 3-4PM (tuesday). This didn't happen.

I left a message Wednesday afternoon asking to see if everything was OK and if there was anything that I could do on my end.

Thursday was the tier 2 rep's off day. It said so in his message.

It's almost closing time at Applecare today on Friday and the rep hasn't called back yet. If I input the case number into the Apple website nothing appears.

I'm simply asking for advice on what I should do, when I should call back again, etc. Not that I'm worried or anything, I just don't want to become worried in the future. I figure I'll wait until Tuesday/Wednesday of next week to call back. Has anyone had a similar experience? What should I do if he does not call back?

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

My personal opinion....you've already gotten one repair more than I'd stand for. Three strikes and any machine in my book is out. You've had four, now five, that's a sure replacement in my book.

I'd call and demand, very politely, to followup and speak with someone who can help you. You were told someone would call and no one has, that's not right. Also, one person being off shouldn't stop the whole process.

Speak to someone at the manager level and get some answers.

-Kevin