AppleCare+ repair question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam9c1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

Hello,

Late Aug I brought in my iPhone 5S to store due to screen / glass separation.

Phone was repaired. At pickup was told if it happens again they will swap phone.

My AC+ ended Oct16.

Same problem is back. What are the chances for a fix again? Or am I sol?

Other than few bucks on the Aluminium in the side where buttons are phone is mint.
    While I don't have it in a bumper case, I have it in my hand or belt clip pouch. I even have a clear thin plastic stick on film on the back.

------------

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Probably in luck at store - if not call Apple and ask to speak with Customer Relations department and speak with them.

3. adam9c1 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam9c1

So go to store first? Setup genius appointment online, not walk in I figure.

4. Conan86 macrumors 6502

I think you meant to say that your ac+ ended Oct15. My local service provider provides a three month warranty on repairs done by them. I'm guessing that yours would too. In any case, bring the phone down with a genius appointment asap, I'm hopeful they'll take care of the problem for you since it's only slightly past your AC+ and it was previously dealt with by them..

5. adam9c1 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam9c1

My email receipt says 16th.
    I made appointment at the genius (same store) for tomorrow after work.

6. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

If I remember correctly, AppleCare+ repairs are usually warranted for 90 days or to the end of AppleCare+, whichever is longer.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Check back in with thread and let us know how it worked out.

8. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

You are correct. :)

9. adam9c1 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam9c1

After initial check in I spoke with one guy who wanted more info. I told him same thing as in the ticket I opened. Politely mentioned I was told if this happens again phone swap. The guy says only the part replaced is warranted, not entire phone.

The guy I was working with I showed him the phone and he saw the flaw. Few minutes later an override and I have a new to me refurb phone.

Thanks Appl!