Applecare Repair Time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jaikob, Jul 6, 2008.

1. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I went to an apple store on the 4th of July to drop my MPB off to get repaired (The Top panel and keyboard are getting replaced) I thought it would ship out friday but I guess I was wrong. Was it not shipped because of the holiday weekend?

and generally, how long will I have to wait to get it back?

2. iamth3g macrumors newbie

i remember i had to get my logic board replaced during the memorial day weekend of this year. the turn around time for me was the entire weekend. i had DHL pick up on friday noon, landed at apple on saturday morning, fixed by saturday afternoon, and sent out by saturday night. picked up by tuesday noon time. since sunday and monday were holidays.

3. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Usually it is a very impressive turn around. I work for a place with over 2k macs and when I call them in the turn around is always 5 days or less.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I recently sent me cousins macbook to get a new hard drive and see if they'd replace the top case due to the severe discoloration (it's a 1st gen macbook)

Not only did they fix those two things, they seemed to have performed an entire refurb service on the unit.

Replaced : Keyboard, trackpad, top case, hard disk, logic board, thermal paste, heat sink, and some random screws.

I dropped it on Tuesday at 5pm in the Lancaster, PA area at a local shop. They called me Saturday to pick it up. QUICK...and they did all that stuff to it!

She says its running better than it ever has before.

5. tsvb macrumors 6502

I dropped mine off at the Apple store on a Friday and was able to pick it up on Tuesday.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I dropped my old MBP at my local store to get the top panel replaced because of the power button was on a wonky angle. Dropped it off Friday afternoon and picked it up the following afternoon. They did the repair in store, and since the had the part, it took no time. :)

7. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

Alright, so generally speaking, It was probably shipped friday from the apple store, and the apple repair center will get it on monday, and I should have it back by thursday? (I should also mention I live 200 miles from the apple store in Detroit, MI, and while I was down there for the 4th, I dropped it off, and they said they would ship it back to my address)

They offered to do the keyboard replacement in store, but they couldn't do the top panel replacement because it was a "Costom made" MPB. so they shipped my baby out on the 4th.

Also, has anyone experienced scratching and repair marks on the machine from the repair?

8. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

No they are typically very careful. No need to worry about scratching/damage.

I'm paranoid about service centers, so I have current pics of my stuff before I ever send anything out so that I can have evidence in case something does happen.

With Apple, if something bad happens they typically take care of it anyways and you'd never know if it did.

9. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

Okays, the mac genius noted the condition of the MBP on the work order. And wow, my MBP is going to be here tommorrow. Its already done reparing and its pending to be shipped.

10. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

It will go out by 5pm tonight, probably earlier than that and will be delivered by 3pm.

They typically use DHL for return shipping. My friend works for DHL and does all the deliveries to the local apple shop here.

11. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

12. jaikob thread starter macrumors 6502

jaikob

Edit: My repair status still says "Product return pending (07-Jul-2008)" Does that mean I wont receive it tomorrow? or does apple usually forget to update info?

13. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

lol, unless they want their engineers to study why it broke. :confused:

i sent mine in last wednesday, and found out today that my repair order was on hold. :rolleyes:

Looks like I will be out about 2 weeks.