Applecare repair without calling apple?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VPrime, Dec 26, 2009.

1. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to send my macbook to apple with out calling them? Is there an online form or something to make the arrangements?

Their hours of operation do not work with my schedule and there is no way I can contact them by phone.

Thanks.

2. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

3. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

Thanks, but that does not let me do it.
    My options are only
    -"Speak to an expert" (which I can't do)
    -"Visit a retail store "- Which I have none near me (closest one is 2.5hr)
    -"Visit an authorized retailer"- There is one in my city, but I know some one who did not have a good experience with them, so would rather send it directly to apple.

4. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

i got here (http://www.apple.com/support/contact/) from FAQ
    thats the only thing I don't like about apple, there's no online forms or email just phone or in person
    can you call an apple retail store they can probably help with this dilema

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Unfortunately there isn't.

6. njean777 macrumors 6502

Why cant you call them and talk to them for 15min? That schedule must make you not be able to use your arms or a phone for 24hours a day if that is the case i do not believe you.

7. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

Thats fine that you don't believe me. I'd rather not post my life story on the internet. That is my situation, if I was able to make the call before 6:30 PM, I would do that instead of making this thread. :rolleyes:

Any ways, I guess I will just resort to taking the computer to the local authorized dealer and hope for the best.

8. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

So, I was able to change my schedule for the day and call apple.
    Only to findout the us Canadians cant mail our macs to apple. Have to visit an apple store or authorized reseller.. Bogus.

Side note, any one find apple pushy with applecare? The girl on the phone tried to get me to buy apple care about 15 times. I told her I was already considering it, but continued to push. I worked in retail (Best buys sister company Futureshop) and our main goal was to sell warranty, yet I never pushed this hard :rolleyes:.