AppleCare replacement annoyances; venting and advice.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pullfocus, Nov 15, 2009.

1. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I just need to vent at this point, so bear with me.

I am on my second replacement MBP for my old Santa Rosa, which was having multiple issues and would have been on its fourth repair. Logic board, inverter cable, LCD.
    The first replacement (15" 2.66 Anti-Glare) had a bad display and the iSight kept freezing, so they sent me another one.
    Now this one, the second one, has a discernibly loud hard drive.

Normally I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, nor am I someone who bitches for the sake of bitching, but this is getting frustrating. I am almost to the point where I want to just send this replacement back again and just live with my old computer (I still have it, advance replacement) even though there are odd blotches forming on the right side of the display.

Now to the advice part....

So...do I call AppleCare again?
    I don't want to come of as annoying or overtly picky, but I feel as if I shouldn't settle either.

It's just frustrating when you receive something that (in spite of it being brand new) has issues.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

You don't need to worry about coming across as anything...you have not gotten good quality and have every right to press this. You are not looking a gift horse in the mouth...you paid for a fully functional machine and haven't gotten it. Call them.

3. pullfocus thread starter macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Ah, there's my question, as I didn't pay for the new machine, it was a new advance replacement.
    I mean, essentially it's free. Granted, it would be to replace a machine I did pay for, but still....

And I have never had to deal with AppleCare like this in nine years of using Macs, so in some respects, I am unsure of the process.

4. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Right so you still havent got a working machine from the beginning as I hear it. Whether its the 2nd or 10th replacement at some point you should either get what you paid for (fully functional laptop with no defects) or a refund. You shouldn't have to settle for half assed because of their poor QC.

5. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

agreed,

apple has an obligation to fufill your warranty.

you should have a fully working machine, regardless whether its a replacement or a bought machine.

it also is by the way treated like a purchased machine, you have 30 days to have it exchanged no questions asked.

good luck.