AppleCare Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rageguy, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rageguy macrumors member

rageguy

I have an iPhone 6 Plus that has AppleCare+ coverage. I like to pay Apple the $79 fee to replace it with a refurbished one, as it will have no scratches and a new battery. What's the best way to get this done, without taking my iPhone with me to the shower, then accidentally dropped it on the bath tub?

2. macuser27 macrumors regular

macuser27

Not quite sure on what you mean in this thread , is there a problem with you're handset or are you planning on causing a problem .

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Without any damage or a defect that prevents your device from passing Apple's backroom diagnostics - there is no way.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 17, 2016 ---
    OP wants a brand new shiny iPhone with a brand new battery. OP is willing to break or otherwise damage his currently perfectly working (but cosmetically flawed) iPhone in order to get a brand shiny new one.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

If its a little tarnished, no. If you broke it, drops, spills, than you can use your AppleCare +

5. macuser27 macrumors regular

macuser27

Yep as thought

6. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Pretty hard to break iPhones....at least for me lol. I had an iPhone 4 and at work I dropped it around 6 feet onto concrete floors and never broke the pack or front glass panels. After 20 months it had one little nick on the bottom left near the home button.

My iPhone 6 plus has been in no case for most of the time and I've had it dropped on the floor at school, work, car and etc and beside a few dents and scratches it still has a perfectly fine screen minus a few hairline scratches. So even if he wanted to break his phone he might have to put enough pressure on it that Apple might be able to tell it was intentional.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I dropped my 6+ once on asphalt about waist high. Landed face down and the screen cracked. Not the screen protector of course, but the screen.

It's the first time I've ever cracked a screen and I've gone caseless with my iPhone 5, 6+ and now my 6s+ since 2012.

Hate cases.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Because screens can be replaced it requires more damage to get a replacement. A genius told me one time that if I ever crack my screen to let it take a quick swim to get a replacement. Obviously he said that quietly to me as they shouldn't be telling you how to intentionally damage your phone for a replacement.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    The request seems to cross the line of purposely damaging a phone. This will only result in the thread derailing so I'm closing it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.