AppleCare replacing lots of parts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rafatmit, Mar 6, 2009.

1. rafatmit macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I sent my 2.5-year-old Macbook Pro to Apple for a keyboard replacement, since the right arrow key stopped working. When I got it back, Apple had replaced the following parts:

• Top case and keyboard
    • Flex Cable/Audio
    • Logic Board (item 630-7983)
    • Logic Board (item 630-7709)
    • 2 GB RAM

The cable and two "logic board" items were marked as replaced due to an audio issue.

I don't know of any audio issues or RAM issues with the computer before it was sent. So did they find some tiny issue I hadn't noticed, or did some Apple repair tech just need practice with a pre-unibody Macbook Pro? :confused:

Oh, and of course, when the computer came back, the new keyboard had its own issue, with a flaky period key. So I had to send it back again. Though the second try seems flawless so far. :D

2. Joey Raia macrumors newbie

When you send in a machine for repair, it is common practice to do all ECN's (engineering change notices) as well as fix the problem you are sending it in for. They simply brought your computer up to spec.

3. rafatmit thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting, so they could have replaced things without any detected problem? I was most surprised by the RAM, since they replaced only one stick (and I think both sticks were after-market from Crucial).