AppleCare sends back same iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by therealjustin, Feb 6, 2012.

1. therealjustin macrumors member

I sent my iPhone 4 to Apple because of a defect/dust under the glass. I had been checking the status every day to see when the replacement might ship but it was still on "Diagnosing Device".

Well, this morning my old iPhone showed up with a letter stating that Apple-certified technicians had determined my iPhone to be within spec and working properly. The question is did they even look at the screen? The little foam bag it came in looks suspiciously like the one I put it in before sending it away.

Are they normally this pathetic or did I get someone who needs corrective lenses?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Call them, politely explain the problem you have with their resolution, and see if you can get it taken care of for real the next time.

3. Zxxv macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sounds like DSG's old boss has already started implementing new rules and customer service.

4. Mcbee macrumors newbie

I would call apple again and complain! They will take care!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe the tech didnt see the spec of dust.
    Bring it to an Apple store if you want or send it back again.