Applecare Service - Very Happy :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheSVD, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

I had some issues with my Unibody MBP, in which the left chunk of the screen went funny colours. I was of course, annoyed but i thought hey i was just unlucky!
    After that dreaded call to applcare, i made an appointment at the apple store in Milton Keynes. I got there, and the genius greeted me nicely. I showed her the issue and without any questions, straight away said theres a problem. She ordered a new logic board, and even a new display just incase. She said id have it back within the week, gave me the number to her personal line and was very friendly about the whole thing, which i was pleased with.
    A bit after i week i got the call saying i could pick it up.
    I went there today, no hassle, showed the paperwork, and got my laptop back. Brilliant :D Fantastic service!
    Looked at the paperwork and they had replaced the logic board AND the display, display looks just as good :D
    Also put a new airport card in, not quite sure why, maybe someone can clear that up for me haha :confused:
    Also bought a new sleeve for it, as the first one i bought was too big. But i found out the laptop in this smaller sleeve fits into the bigger sleeve, so now i have extra-extra padding!
    Anyway yeah haha.
    Very pleased :)
    Well done apple :D:apple:

2. kid rock macrumors regular

glad to hear somebody actually putting up a good review of apple on these forums for once instead of slating them

Simon:D

3. stuarthatto macrumors regular

Glad it worked out for you but I seriously couldnt be without my MBP for 7 days...

I would have to take it when they got the parts and wait.

I should be getting a Unibody in a couple of weeks so I hope I dont suffer the same fate as you, although I am sure it is just 'one of those things'

Stu

4. Taegre macrumors member

I may be wrong, but I think the AirPort card is housed in the base of the display. The black stripe along the back of the hinge, when the laptop is closed, is the window for the wireless. If they replaced your display, they probably had to replace the AirPort card too. ifixit.com shows that you cant seperate the lcd from the lid like you could with the old MBP. So your entire top case containing the lcd is new.

5. TheSVD thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

coool :D

Nah im sure youll be fine, it was when i took it to college it wasnt padded enough methinks, cause when i opened it the problem appeared.
    Musta damaged something!
    didnt hear of it happening to anyone else so im sure youll be fine :)