AppleCare Support Question - 'Need information'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cubedweller, Feb 2, 2009.

1. cubedweller macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently sent my SR MBP 2.4 in for repair for a second time because it refuses to sleep on its own; I had the MLB (main logic board) replaced in the past, yet the problem persists... anyway, I went to Apple's Repair Status website to check the current status and it displays:

On hold - Need information (02-Feb-2009)

With a note in the center of the screen at the top of the page stating: "Your repair is currently on hold. Please contact AppleCare"

So I called AppleCare and spoke to a pretty nice guy who had absolutely no idea what was going on; he put me on hold for about 10 minutes only to return without any information. He told me that I should probably be expecting a call from Apple's repair depot within the next 24 hours but that he had never seen that message before. He thought it was pretty strange...

So I guess my question is, is it typical for Apple to display a message to call AppleCare regarding a repair, and then have absolutely no clue as to why they requested you call? The 'genius,' if that's what you want to call him, said there was no note on my account as to why my repair was, 'on hold.' Only that it says, "Need information." :eek:

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Let me know!

~E

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

need information could be something like "what is the password so we can have access to your settings"

or it could be "tell us more about your problem because we are having problems replicating it"

good luck

3. cubedweller thread starter macrumors 6502

The guy I spoke with over the phone thought it was the 'password' issue, however, this not being my first time using the AppleCare repair services, I cleared the password and set it to nothing before heading to the Apple Store. Also, I have the work order here, and the description appears to be complete; there's not much more I could tell them regarding my problem.

Whatever the case may be, it definitely seems strange! :cool: