AppleCare+, the third replacement?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SAIRUS, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,
    First I tried to make sense of Apple's legal jargon, but couldn't figure it out.

Now here's the situation. I had a stupid moment dropped my iPhone, and luckily AppleCare+ will do my replacement for $50.

What I'm slightly worried about, is Applecare+ has 2 replacements, thus leaving me one left over. Now just in case, I break it again (or someone else does), what happens on the 3rd one?

Does my AppleCare+ go void? Can I extend it and buy a new one? Is only the 2 replacements only fulfilled?

Of course I don't plan on breaking it again (I've had every generation since the 1st one, and this is my first break), but I always like to know, what if.

Thanks guys, and for the guys who want to call me a klutz go ahead if it makes you feel better, but I'd love to know the answer to these questions first.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Two replacements for accidental damage, plus the extended warranty covering manufacturing defects. Non extendable.
    Break it three times and you pay an OoW replacement cost.

3. AFDoc, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

AFDoc macrumors 68030

Poster above is correct. On another point,

IF you/someone needs to replace an iPhone on AC+ more than the 2 x's offered maybe an iPhone isn't the phone you/someone should own. Maybe a more durable flip phone would be in order until you/someone (whoever needs to replace their phone 3 x's for damage) learn to take better care of their expensive items.

Calling someone a "klutz" wouldn't make me feel anything but one would think that the person would learn after the first 2 "accidents".

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I see an iphone 5 listed in your sig. If you're on a contract with that, I'll assume it's supposed to last for some time. Hopefully at this point you'll consider a case that offers some level of protection. You might search for threads regarding which ones are most effective in that regard.

5. hafr macrumors 68030

Personally, I'd suggest someone who has kids, is worried about other external factors or is clumsy to get a durable case instead of buying a Nokia 3310...

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

IF they have a heavy duty case they shouldn't need to use AC+, of course unless it goes for a swim. I guess they do have water proof cases they can use but at that point is it really an iPhone lol.

7. hafr macrumors 68030

Why would the Lifeproof Frē for instance mean you no longer have an iPhone?

8. SAIRUS thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've had every iPhone since gen 1 and this is my 1st accident, so people who think I shouldn't have one can step off.

We also lend out devices into the field. While I can't say exactly what the field is, we have 100s of people communicating with home base via their iOS devices. Also the field is prone to device injury, so my original question applies not only to me but 100s of other workers.

We have to structure policy on AppleCare guidelines that are not clear.

Oh and I buy unlocked.