Applecare thru FuturepowerPC.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Nov 13, 2007.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Anyone have any experience buying from FuturepowerPC.com ?
    They have Applecare for the iMac for $135. Best price I have seen.
    Too good to be true?

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Applecare should be Applecare regardless of where you get it. All your buying (theoretically) is a Serial Number. That serial number is what you use for your registration. So if a company bought a bulk pack or bulk licenses from Apple and decides to sell them cheap then that's their deal and our gain. I personally don't buy Applecare from anyone from Apple since it IS just a serial number (which can probably be hacked) and I want to make sure for myself that it's very valid.

Futurepowerpc.com has been around a while so they're very reputable at least to the point of having honest products. It's eBay I definitely wouldn't buy from.

3. blipstutter macrumors member

There is something scary about buying a serial number off Ebay, but if it comes in the original box, sealed with whatever Techtool disk is included, you're buying the real thing.

You sign up online, and then if smart, should call in to Apple and verify everything took. Once the number is connected to your computer, it just shows that you have Applecare. For all we know, it's like software licenses where there are really only a handfull of seperate passwords for some programs. Anyway, once Apple verifies everything, there is nothing to worry about.

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You get a certificate in the mail if 'everything took'. :)

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I always buy off ebay and pay 179.00 for a MBP Never had a issue!

6. blipstutter macrumors member

They do mail you with a welcome to Applecare certificate kind of thing, but if you're buying from Ebay and nervous about it, then you might not want to wait for the paperwork.

7. dcl macrumors regular

dcl

Purchased AppleCare for Macbook off ebay - Saved $60

Just be sure to buy from regular seller with high review rating.

8. kylep6190 macrumors member

If you are a student you can get Apple Care direct from apple for $183 with the student discount