Applecare & Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PaulMoore, Aug 17, 2016.

1. PaulMoore macrumors regular

Not sure if this also applies to other peripherals but I was pleased to find out Applecare purchased for a computer (my iMac) also covers my Time Capsule

However both occasions I have had to call Apple about problems they have told me the Time Capsule was 'out of warranty' even though they had my details and the serial number; I've had to explain both times that it should be covered... is it only me that finds that a bit... sketchy? Anyone less savvy would end up (presumably) being charged a fee if they didn't know better to question the coverage they've already paid for...?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I remember reading the small print on this when buying one of my MacBook pros the warranty only extend to those peripherals bought with the Mac if I remember rightly, so if you went in and bought one a week later it wouldn't be covered. At least that's how I understood it.

3. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

Taken from Apple's site.
    "AppleCare Protection Plan purchased for your Mac covers the Airport Extreme/Express Base Station or Time Capsule. The device must have been purchased during the term of your AppleCare plan or no more than two years before your Mac was purchased."