Applecare+ Transfer Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashtar, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Ashtar macrumors regular

I bought an iPhone 6 on launch day. About two weeks later, I purchased Applecare+. Well, today, I gave that iPhone 6 to my wife and I bought an iPhone 6 Plus. Will Apple let me transfer the applecare+ to my new phone?

2. princealyy macrumors regular

No they will refund you the unused portion.... Which works out to the same.

3. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Be kind and generous, give the AppleCare to your wife and buy AppleCare for your 6+. Surely you want to do the right thing... :)

4. princealyy macrumors regular

Good point.

5. lordofthereef, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Apple will allow you to get a refund of the unused portion of the apple care ( they round up to the nearest month).

----------

This is rather presumptive. Maybe his wife has no real need or desire for AC+. My wife wouldn't want it. Thusly, for her R woukdnt be generosity, It woukd be wasting about $85.

6. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

You're viewpoint is duly noted.

7. kioko91 macrumors regular

kioko91

I've had mine transferred and extended at no cost. Purchased a 6 on launch day. Explained I was waiting for a plus when I got mine in November. They transferred and extended the policy. Then I found a problem with the phone and had to exchange it. Called AppleCare after the exchange and explained the situation. The woman transferred it once more. She'd mentioned that you have to speak to a different department. The people who answer typically are sales and will tell you they can't transfer so they get a sale. I was transferred to her from them, but I don't recall the department name. It's in my email somewhere. -_-

8. Ashtar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Guys!

P.S.

My wife thinks applecare+ is a waste and doesn't want it...that's why I am trying to transfer it. :p

9. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Yes they can. I've had many replacement devices from launch (defective units) and they've transferred each time.

10. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31