Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shan21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
UK
how do i transfer a applecare plan for my imac to the new owner and make his e-mail address the primary one without giving my e-mail details to him

what is the number, address for apple and what to they require

also i only have the invoice not the reciept as i bought it on the online apple store

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
The AppleCare coverage is tied to the iMac's serial number and will automatically transfer to the new owner. I don't know what details they keep, but a simple call to Apple should be all it takes if there's anything pertinent.

1-800-MY-APPLE

shan21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
UK
The AppleCare coverage is tied to the iMac's serial number and will automatically transfer to the new owner. I don't know what details they keep, but a simple call to Apple should be all it takes if there's anything pertinent.

1-800-MY-APPLE

is that the uk number

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Obviously not, since UK phone numbers start with 0. I don't mean to be rude, but what don't you try using your own eyes? I'm sure you are fully as capable of using a phone book as I am, and I don't know all of Apple's international phone numbers off the top of my head.

shan21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
UK
ok i have sent the information through the post to apple UK last week. Do they contact me or the new owner when they have transferred the applecare

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I looked up the phone number for AppleCare UK: it's (44) 0844 209 0611. From what I know about transferring AppleCare ownership, you actually need to call in; you can't just forward them information through the postal service and expect them to fix it for you without additional verbal contact. AppleCare has a division named Agreement Admin who handles all aspects of the agreement itself, from refunds, to transfers, enrollment, etc, so ask for them when you call in. You'll need to provide details about the new owner, i.e. email address/telephone so the transfer process can be initiated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.