AppleCare+ transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cfs, Nov 6, 2017.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I just bought an iPhone 7 Plus used on Swappa. It was advertised with AppleCare+. My questions are:

1) Do we (former owner and New owner) need to do anything manually to transfer the AppleCare to me?

2) If I sell the phone later will AppleCare+ be transferred to new owner?

Thanks in advance.

2. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

I have done this before. The old owner needs to contact Apple and have it transferred to you.

3. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you. What is the info they will need? My Apple ID?

4. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. This is the original research I did which confused me because it was offset by some other comments I saw online. I appreciate the link. Now at least I can read with knowing what I need to do in mind.

Do you by chance know if AppleCare plus can be transferred more than once? And I have seen multiple different answers on this as well.

5. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

That I do not know. I have only transferred it once. Definitive answers would come from Apple. Why not give them a call?

6. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I’ll try. I’ve always been hit or miss with them depending on the store. For example with the IUP program one store did not allow me to get the CDMA/GSM phone because my wife is T-Mobile but the other store did. Macrumors has always been more accurate for me. Thanks so much for your help.