AppleCare turn around time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgsnat75, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mgsnat75 macrumors member

What is the usual turn around time when taking in a MacBook pro or in my case a retina Mac with a messed up ssd? I'm assuming the apple stores ship out all checked in macs to another location for repair right?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It depends on the extent of the problem, but it shouldn't take more than a couple days. Usually they tell you when to come pick it up.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You are asking a question that cannot be answered with a give time.

Basically each store workflow (repairs) are different. Just think about taking your car to the dealership. It depends on who is staffed that day and if they have the parts to fix your car. Same with the Apple store.

Go to the Apple store, and stop trying to guess the turn around time. My concern would be more on the repair work not turn around time. I guess cause most user have a backup plan.. like using the other Macbook or iPhone or iPad :) while they wait til the MBP is being repaired.

4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Mine has been gone a week today.

5. mgsnat75 thread starter macrumors member

Only reason I ask is because I've never had to take in a Mac for repair. Usually solid products that last. I just hope they fix it soon and also do a careful Job that they don't make it worse than it is meaning scratching an surface or part.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I had an SSD harness go bad, they fixed it in 30 minutes.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

~3-7 days. It's also standard for them to run sandpaper across at least 30% of the machine. Seriously, what were you expecting?