Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mack3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Hey,

Bought a US 1.1.1 iphone recently to use here in Germany. Didn't get a recieipt, but I'd like to at least get the AppleCare for $69.

Is it worldwide covering, or could you at least say that you were out traveling when it broke, so they could fix it from here without having to send it back to the US?

Also, do they usually check for receipts when making the repair? The guy I bought it from won it in a company competition and didn't get one. (Yeah, thought it sounded pretty fishy myself, but it checked out.)

Sincerely,
mack3r

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
you will only be able to get applecare on the iphone in the country it was sold, as you can only get it replaced in that country.

mack3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
you will only be able to get applecare on the iphone in the country it was sold, as you can only get it replaced in that country.

Well, I'll easily be able to "get" the applecare if my friend buys it in the US and emails me the code. It's just a string of numbers/letters.

And won't people who are out traveling with their iPhones get pissed when you can't replace this valuable and critical device out-of-country? Like you can with your MacBooks.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i believe its the same with just about any mobile phone (or at least contract ones) that it has to be replaced in the country it was purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.