Applecare USA turnaround ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by srexy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. srexy macrumors 6502a

My MBP has developed a terminal battery problem - unplug the mains and 2 secs later it dies. Re-set PMU etc to no avail. In addition the trackpad click bar is sticky/scratchy and has been for a good 3 months.

I've been putting off taking it to an apple store (for the click bar problem initially) because this is my production machine and the alternative is a pc w/older versions of Adobe etc.

- What kind of turnaround can I expect from Applecare

- Which is better - a phone call or a physical visit to the store?

your input greatly appreciated!

2. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

So noone's had to send their MB/P back to Apple?

Shall I attach a photo - or a poll...

3. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Couldn't you just send in the battery rather than the whole machine? I thought it worked without the battery in place, although I haven't tried. Call apple or else go into the store with the machine and demo it. They might double check with a different battery in the store to try to determine if the battery or the laptop is the issue...

4. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

From my brief search here - the battery seems to be ok. It's showing plenty of green lights and is fully charged. However - I'll assume that a trip to the Apple genius is in order rather than a call to AppleCare...

Edit: called Applecare and they're shipping me out a new battery. I'll report back w/my results when it gets here.

5. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Called Applecare yesterday - battery arrived today!!

I'm impressed not only by the service but by the fact it has solved the problem.

Plus - I have a brand new battery into the bargain instead of the 150 cycle one I'm returning to Apple - score!

6. Jessy macrumors regular

I have had the same problem for about a month, but don't have time to go to the Apple Store. I was planning on just dealing with it until I switch to an iMac when the new ones come out. How can I do this mailing thing you mention?

Also, I know it's an issue with the battery, because it does the same thing in my girlfriend's MBP.

7. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just call Applecare and they should sort you out. I did it all over the phone.

8. Jessy macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch. My new battery is working well. I hope they make someone eat the old one for the suffering it caused me.