Applecare use internationally

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stewartlittle, Aug 5, 2008.

1. stewartlittle macrumors regular

Hi all, I am thinking of getting a mbp with applecare here in canada, but i was curious if i am in another country for a period of time, and things go wrong with the mbp, can i take it to say an apple store in australia to get fixed, or do i need to ship it back to canada to get fixed. I have searched for this in the forums, and cannot find an answer. Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes you can take to any local store where you are.

3. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But don't overlook the fact that say you go to China and you don't know Chinese, then it won't be useful to get your computer fixed at the Sanlitun store.

5. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

Ya that would probably be a problem. Ah well, as long as if my mbp dies, i have a failsafe (applestore)

6. mchank macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that they have English speakers working at the Apple store; the Sanlitun area is an area heavy with foreigners and expats.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I thought they made sure to have translators at that store, at least during the Olympics. I say this, because, even in the US, I've found Apple Stores that have hired conseriges for the different ethnic groups/languages that frequent the store. In Detroi, there were Indian, Persian, and Arab employees to help members of that community who weren't comfortable with English. In Portland, there were people who could speak Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Chinese for the same reason. I would hope that that Apple would have something similar in China, and actually in most stores.

Also, remember that AppleCare only covers the MBA, MB, and MBP while international. For some reason the iPhone is not covered, but that is likely to prevent unlocking, and given that if a phone needs to be replaced, the phones in the back will be for the local carrier, not the customers carrier, so their SIM won't work.

TEG