applecare valid on physical damaged MBP? pics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joecool99, May 2, 2014.

1. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99

would apple honor applecare? mainly i want to replace display to resolve the white spots

Attached Files:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Whoa...how did u manage so many dents in there?? :eek:

My 2 yrs old MBP has just 1 tiny scratch at bottom and that also was done when I gave it for warranty repair.

Anyways...there is no harm in showing to Apple for warranty...at the most they can refuse. There is nothing to lose.

And if 1 store refuses...u can show it in another, who knows an angel mac genius will help u ;):apple:

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

Do they not log notes against your serial number, so if you go to another store they see what the last store has said!

Barney

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

There is evidence that the display and hinge suffered from high strain, probably from a fall. I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to honor the warranty because of this.

But you should still try. Were the screen imperfections present before the damage happened?

6. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Dunno...coz I had called twice for my MacBook Pro graphics failure to apple. And the 2nd time I called, the phone service guy didn't have a clue of my history.

Later on I went to apple store to get it replaced under warranty.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

It seems pretty likely that this damage is the source of the white spots. I'd be surprised if they cover any of it under warranty, but as the others said, it's worth taking in to see what Apple says.

8. Bri in Mtl macrumors member